776HC - Hand Carved Pet Hikers or Custom Hikers - Rick's hiker's are carved in the tradition of great masters - one at a time. The animals shown in the pictures are of Rick's custom pieces of art. His carvings are both fun and functional. They will definitely be a conversation piece.
Rocky Mountain Juniper is found growing here in North America in areas with dry rocky or sandy soil. Because it is slow growing, pieces that are two to three inches in diameter are well over 100 years old. These peices are more than just a cane, they are history. For this reason, we use naturally dried wood to create our canes and hikers. The Aboriginal people used this wood for making bows, clubs, and spoons.
All of Ricks creations, are oiled rather than lacquered. An oiled wood provides protection against fading while allowing the wood to breathe. You can use Brazilian Rosewood Oil once a year to maintain your cane if required. **Rosewood oil is sold as a product called Penofin. web search Penofin to find a local suppler. In Canada, Windsor Plywood can handle this product.**
- Wood - Rocky Mountain Juniper
- Other wood choices - Walnut or Mahogany to be quoted
- Length - custom
- Standard Rubber Tip Size Ð varies
- Hiking Tip option - Combi or Metal Spike Tips - extra charge
- Weight Bearing - up to 250 Lb
- Wait Time - 2-3 weeks
- PRICES START AT $299 for a typical carving and increase depending on the detail and number of carvings.
- Return Policy for Custom Orders - Sales are Final
- CALL US TO DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS - 1-866-217-8091