776HC Custom Hand Carved Hiking and Walking Sticks - Rick's hiking sticks are carved in the tradition of great masters - one at a time. The animals shown in the pictures are of Rick's custom pieces of art. His carvings are both fun and functional and will definitely be a conversation piece.
Rocky Mountain Juniper is found growing in North America in areas with dry rocky or sandy soil. Because it is slow growing, pieces that are two to three inches in diameter are well over 100 years old. These pieces are more than just a cane, they are history. For this reason, we use naturally dried wood to create our canes and hikers. The Aboriginal people used this wood for making bows, clubs, and spoons.
All of Ricks creations, are oiled rather than lacquered. An oiled wood provides protection against fading while allowing the wood to breathe. You can use Brazilian Rosewood Oil once a year to maintain your cane if required. Rosewood oil is sold as a product called Penofin. In Canada, Windsor Plywood can handle this product.
AVAILABLE in stock one of a kind hiking stick pieces:
- Bear 55"
- Wolf 55"
- Bear 58"
- Wolf 58"
Please note that the animal carvings for each in stock item are just below the top of the hiker (not on the top as some of the images show).
- Other - special order - must place by phone please, so we can confirm your specific needs.
- Wood choices for custom artwork hiking sticks - Rocky Mountain Juniper, Black Walnut or Mahogany
- Length - custom
- Tip Size Ð varies
- Hiking Tip - extra charge
- Weight Bearing - up to 250 Lb
- Wait Time - Varies - call to inquire
- PRICES START AT $299 for a standard one animal carving and increase depending on the detail and number of carvings.
- Return Policy for Custom Orders - Sales are Final